Welcome to PeoplesPortraits!
As an illustrator my main focus lies on drawing portraits of people. It's extremely difficult to draw those just from memory only and I find a lot of inspiration in looking at portraits made by other people. It does not really matter to me if that is a photograph or another illustration. If it catches me I can use it.
With this group I hope to combine two components. Finding inspiration to draw and to offer a display where others can show their artwork.
Please read the rules and enjoy the group! !
Joining this group
- You can join the group as a contributor or a member.
- If you don't contribute art your status will be changed to member. This is nothing personal, but I want to keep things in perspective. Contributors and members have almost the same rights in this group, but I like to take the status contributor literally.
- In this group you can only contribute portraits of people. Portraits of any other kind (animals, stuffed animals, dolls, monsters etc.) will be removed.
- A portrait is a photo/drawing of a face with a small part of the upper body like neck and shoulders, where the focus lies on the face. Any other contributions will be removed.
- A portrait should be recognizable as one. Submitted contributions that are complete abstract, with no easy recognizable features do not belong in this group.
- A portrait can contain two or more people, as long as they have the features of a portrait.
- You can place 5 contributions a day. Please post in the correct folder! If there is no correct folder you can post your art in yet, you can leave a suggestion in my note box and post your submission temporarily in the devious folder.
- Your submission will not be reviewed before being placed. But note that contributions which not comply with the group rules will be deleted.
- If you suggest a favourite, that is not one of your own, please leave a comment on the profile of the Deviant with a link to this group.
- Remember that anyone can use your art. Therefore it is wise to establish clear copyright rules about the use of your art.
If you get inspired by portraits that are contributed to this group, you are supposed to use them correctly. Some contributors might not have copyright rules posted on their Deviant Profile, but that does not mean you can use their artwork without their (written) permission.
If a contributor has clear rules for using their art, then follow such rules strictly. Using their art with their rules always overrule these of this group.. If a contributor has no rules of how to use their artwork, please follow the rules below.
- Before using a portrait for a digital (photo)manipulation always ask permission from the contributor.
- Don’t use any portrait for a commercial purpose, unless you have an written permission from the contributor.
- Credit the contributor if you have used any of their (stock)photo’s or other contribution. Please include a link their DeviantArt profile.
- Contact the contributor when you used any of their contribution preferably with a link to the artwork.
- Please do not claim your photo-manipulations as photographs anywhere. All contributors worked hard to make these illustrations/photos for you to edit, so don’t claim them as your own.
- Use the contributions wisely and don’t use them for fetish, political, racism, or any other harmful things.
- When submitting to Photo manipulation, keep in mind deviantarts policies regarding source image reuse. You must have explicit permission to use images that are not your own or are not stock images, no matter how much time you spend manipulating them. It is recommended that you also state if you've used your own pictures to avoid misconceptions.
These rules might be getting a few updates. It's a new group and there is always room for progress.